Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

I'm a venture capitalist

[This in response to yet another news article and analyses about greed-heads in business and banking.]

Risking hue and cry, I offer this: I would like to share in the profits of what the bank makes using my money. Instead of a pittance (interest on the use of my money, like a loan I am giving the bank--and what a great rate of interest they are getting to "borrow" my money!), I want that plus a share in "their" profits. That is, I want return of my money and a fair return on my money--since it is my money they are "risking" and investing. Why do they invest for themselves alone? They should be investing for me. I am the venture capitalist when I open a savings account or purchase a CD. No?

Next, participation in the decisions about what my bank invests in. Transparency with a capital T here we come!