Pages

Monday, April 3, 2017

Xewr8f&s32@u#ru#a2ha Ha ha!

UPPDATE, 04.07.17

Here is another in the same genre. Who knows? Maybe Mailik is back under a new name?

[begin message]

From: toson tamara
I am very sorry to disturb you with my little problem. But I hope that you will understand to help me as fast and as possible.
  Right now I am house arrested and I am being house arrested for 2 years due to some slight misunderstanding that I had with the former company where I used to work. So I cannot currently do anything on my own because I have 2 police men who are custodying me here in my house. So even if I have to go to the toilet there is one of them who is always standing near by me. This is exactly why I need your help Mr. because I have some documents that I deposited into a security company here in London/UK about 3 years ago and this documents are holding a transfer worth of 4.6 million british pounds. All I want you to do for me is to assist me in clearing this documents from the security company as my beneficiary or next of kin so that the lock box that these documents are in can get delivered to you there in your country on my behalf. I will write to the security company as soon as I get your reply to notify them that you are to clear this lock box on my behalf as my beneficiary. So as soon as the delivery of the box commences to you I will get a suitable lawyer who will accompany the delivery of these documents to you, so together you and him will clear the transfer of the 4.6 million dollars into an account there in your country. And after I will continue with the purchasing of your property as I said. This lock box that is containing the documents has a security code that opens it I will give the codes to you as soon as the delivery of the lock box commences to you.
    I was not supposed to be able to write this email or use anything that has the access of the internet but because I have one of these 2 police men who are custodying me here in my house as a friend. He understands me and gave me this idea, he is standing next to me right now as I write to you. I am writing to you because I like your property and also would prefer to leave this country as soon as everything is rectified with your assistance. I am originally from Austria but I have lived most of my life here in England. I wrote to 4 other house owners wish I was also interested in but you were the only person that replied to my message so I hope that you can be able to help me. 10 percent of this 4.6 million british pounds is going to be for you because of your help assistance. So please I need you to understand me and try to help me as soon as possible. I will be most grateful...

[end message]

My response was to have him write in German, which he did, and then the messages stopped.

[begin original post]

In 1995, computing students at the university where I was teaching had a field day discussing a letter that came from someone in Nigeria promising a fee if the recipient could help "the poor soul" move money out of that country. The letter failed some credibility criterion--I don't recall what it was but it was surely contained, then as now, within a very careful reading of text. Over twenty years later, the phishers in Nigeria(?) are still at it, only the appeal to heartstrings has changed to the plight of refugees trying to take a nest egg out of Syria.

As a part of appearing legitimate, a phisher recently sent me this image of his I. D., which was attached to his(?) email message. Does it convince you?*

Phishing ID Specimen
Here is the letter. You might receive something like this. If so, suggest you ignore and delete, although some study of the pitch and any "evidence" to establish credibility, such as the above image, would be well worth the time.

[begin message, not the original formatting]

Greetings my dear,  
How are you and your family today, I pray you are all safe and good?
I thank you for your response to my mail on your property? which i am interested in, i read the details of your  property? and i like it and i am ready to pay for it on your Said price. I am Contacting you in great confidence hoping that you are a very reliable and trustworthy person and therefore would be helpful to me.
My name is Dr.Abdal Malik, a Medical Doctor by profession / volunteer and a member of the Red Cross, I am from Syria. I contacted you because of the sanctions imposed by the United States and the European Union, Which prevent us from Securing our financial transaction here.
I have the sum of 2.7 million euros Which I discovered in my brother's save ground, my late brother Mizrahi Abdal, who was killed in the al-Omari Mosque Massacre. He was a very successful contractor in Kuwaiti Oil city and was privately dealing on gold dust and bars before his untimely death.
The ongoing civil unrest in my country Syria have changed my future and if we come to a concrete agreement i will send the money to you for safe keeping till i make my way and come to meet you in your country very soon, i will need the  property? and that is why i contacted you, please help me to achieve achievement this.
I will give you 15% of the total money (2.7million euros) for your assistance / participation. I hope I am been fair on this deal.
Where i am now we can only communicate through the Red Cross communication facilities which only permits me to send emails and we can not make phone calls now because no network at Bab al salaam area since it what blocked by the government.
Please if you are interested in helping me in this transaction i will give to you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully. I have a very good means of sending the money out of Syria to your country with the help of a red cross jet that brings relief materials from Europe. Please, you are in a position to help me start a new life. I have already lost my wife and my 12 year old daughter in the chemical attack when i went to work to save the lives of other people. Please my life is in danger in the hands of Asaad military and ISIS terrorist.
I would owe you my life if you help me. I wait for your fast response so i can give you further details upon hearing from you. Please reserve the  property? for me and consider my request for our mutual benefit and life ahead.
Best Regards
Dr.Abdal Malik

[end message]

Am I an alarmist? I think not. Do a search on these keywords--phishing scam Syria--and you will, for example, omit address and phone number from your email signature . . . among other things.

---
* Comments on the phishing I. D. image above.

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----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=sr0G
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

 (Key to decryption included--request if not obvious.)

[end original post]