Pages

Monday, May 25, 2020

Museums for cheap tourists

Whether or not Jesus ever existed--I allude to those textual critics all over YouTube who make this claim, or strongly suggest it--the religions that "He" inspired inspired great works of art and architecture, not to mention other cultural contributions worthy of, for example, reading (C. S. Lewis, John Milton, Gerard Manly Hopkins).

So whether God-from-psychological-need, or having had an inexplicable mystical experience assuring one of something other and better,

or

True, that is s/he/it is irrefutable/historical fact--therefore evidence-based surety of existence, I still bow in reverence and respect and wonder and appreciation in the museums I go to, if admission is free, or as-you-deem-appropriate: to wit, Christian places of worship.

In my travels, I have visited these museums and without fail come away moved to silence by the simplicity or sumptuously adorned collections and installations on display. I recommend these culture centers.

Okay. I am a cheap tourist.