Pages

Monday, September 13, 2021

www.deskdrawerdrafts.com


One of my (uncountable) brilliant non-profit ideas a web site:

Brilliant words never before given to an audience for the appreciation they deserve--to wit . . .

OR

Excerpts of brilliance from my [unpublishable] canon.

The day before yesterday I was thinking about all the writers, unpublished, who have bits and larger bits and bytes of writing they are proud of. I thought of the writers, published, who have talked about  works from earlier years that they have put away in a drawer or filing cabinet, i.e., almost abandoned, shall we say. Then I thought about a web site to harvest these writings--the unpublished/under-appreciated bits and bytes in various genres and with varying volumes of words, and then  letting the unpublished if partial works speak for themselves. Let writers of whatever class place something they are proud of somewhere so that it can be read. This morning I got up and the idea of this site struck me again. I wonder(ed) if there was such a place on the web already that harvests this kind of stuff.